Pages

5.10.2010

Monday evening after a delightful Sunday night.

The ready availability of handheld photo taking devices and the ease with which photos are now transmutable, merely serves to speed up the rate at which we can be embarrassed.

I can recall back in the day when you had to wait a minimum of twenty-four hours for the film to develop before you faced the inevitable embarrassment of one's behavior. Now it's instantaneous. Point, click and zoom it's on the internet for the whole of creation to see.

Me, I still long for the day when images were carved in stone or rendered on canvas after hours upon hours of sitting still. When you think about it, the mystery of Mona Lisa's enigmatic smile is no mystery at all: she simply had to pee.

As for this fine work. Well, I will admit that it's a damn fine picture of the dog. I'd also add that taking a nap after dinner on Monday evening (after a delightful Sunday night) is not wise when children are present. Largely because they (children) are not good at providing relevant information.

You'd think after watching me gear-up, brush my teeth, saying "have a great day" and unlocking my bike one of them would have the good sense to tell me it's not Tuesday. I was half way to work before I figured out it was still Monday night

One thing for certain. We gotta get rid of that couch. It's way too comfy.

WSE

1 comment: