Pages

7.03.2010

Mise en Place


Big day tomorrow, happy birthday U.S.A.!

I haven't put much time into planning tomorrow's party. Whatever, I have some meat, my friends are coming over, it's going to be hot, everything will work out. It helps that I have my own errand boy who will go get whatever we need tomorrow.

So far today I've:
-Made jello shots. I wa planning on making red, white, and blue layered ones but the jello selection at Target is poor.
-Biked to Kurowski for sausage and Chicago Meat for pork butts. At Chicago Meat they butcher whole hog and you can get a butt with the skin on and spine still atttached. They're a bargain at $1.49/lb.
-Cleaned off the back porch with WSE, and moved the grills and furniture to the back yard.
-Made a pineapple/vodka infusion*
-Wrote(?) a blog post

More later ...

OK it's later and I actually have more. Gyros for dinner and I watered the garden. Happy Independence Day!




*Pineapple Vodka Infusion
-1 overipe pineapple cut into 1/4 dice
-750ml vodka
-juice of 1 lime

Hmmm it's good after 5 hours. A couple weeks would probably be ideal, but I doubt it will last that long.



1 comment:

  1. It turned out beautifully. I enjoyed myself

    ReplyDelete